Top tips on hedge cutting in Nottingham
Cutting a hedge can be a tough job, but if done properly it will bring the best results to your garden. There are also certain trimming laws in the UK that must be followed at the time of hedge cutting in Nottingham. No matter whether the hedge is small or tall there are some tips that should be followed at the time of trimming.
The experts say “Trimming for at least once a year is much more important for the plants to grow.” The idea of such tree services in Nottingham dates back to the Neolithic era (6000 years ago). With the evolution and improvement in technologies standing in the 21st century the hedge cutters are much in demand.
Trimming the hedge is not an easy task at all. It needs serious hard work to get a quality solution. Trimming by hand will take a bit of time, hence it is recommended to choose an electric trimmer for the job.
When to cut the hedge?
Hedges are best to get trimmed in summer. Some may prefer a single cut and the other for annual cuts. You can choose a conifer hedge to cut in the summer like in the month of August. Evergreen hedges should be trimmed at least two to three times at the end of Autumn. Trim the holly just once in the summer, and hawthorn should be clipped twice. Once in the summer and once in autumn. Shorten the privet three to four times in a year.
It is not possible to trim the hedge regularly. Everyone is busy in this competitive era. You can hire professional services for hedge cutting Nottingham.
Helpful hints that you should know about hedge cutting
- Trim the new hedges at the early stage to prevent unhealthy growth
- A formal boundary should be made that is wider in the bottom and ensure that the lower part will receive enough sunlight that will help for healthy growth
- Use strings for the manual at the time of trimming your hedges
- It is recommended to remove the large branches that may make an obstacle at the time of trimming
- Fertilize the hedge properly. It will help to ensure further growth of the plants
- It is strongly recommended to check whether there is any bird nest or not! According to the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981, it is an offense to destroy the nest while it is in use or built
- Keep the trimmer and blades sharp enough so that it does not make any issue at the time of tree pruning Nottingham
- Wear proper clothing and keep yourself safe at the time of trimming
Always remember to treat your hedge well. It requires the same care as the other plants standing out there. To take extra care to sprinkle some moisture along the hedge that will help to retain and improve the structure of the soil. Looking for a professional for hedge cutting Nottingham?
Urban Tree Care Ltd is experienced and professional offering a range of maintenance services. If you are having problems at the time of removing your hedge get in touch with the experts and get a free quote today!